3/4 cup caster sugar
1 cup SR flour
- Into a 1 cup metric measuring cup break your eggs and fill to the top with thickened cream.
- Beat 1 minute.
- Add a splash of vanilla essence and the caster sugar.
- Beat 3 minutes. It will go lovely and thick.**
- Sift the flour in and fold into mixture.
- Spoon into 12 patty pans (about half full). Bake in moderate oven until light golden and cakes spring back when lightly touched in the centre (I think this took 12 minutes in my fanforced oven).
*Scout is the user name of the person who first posted these cupcakes. They seem to be somewhat legendary on the Taste forum.
**I actually timed this and realised I was quite bored of beating after one minute and thought it MUST have been AT LEAST THREE MINUTES OR OMIGOD FOREVER, so it was good to user the timer.