1. Dropped Una off at creche. Fred opted not to go.
2. Martin, Fred and I had coffee/hot chocolate and raisin toast. Walking down the street with just Fred was really nice. She has been a Delight the last two days - must be feeling better. But it was probably good she stayed home from 'the kids'.
3. Said goodbye to Martin who went off to do some business. Went to Melbourne Uni to pick up the reader for the subject I'm tutoring.
4. Walked back, up Lygon Street then Brunswick Street looking for toys for Fred and Una for the trip. Was deeply inefficient. Got a couple of bits and pieces, can't for the life of me recall what. Nice groovy chick in shop gift-wrapped many small inexpensive items.
5. Went shopping for bathers. Soul shattering experience. Bought boardies, when draw string is loosened have a lot of grow room. Therefore can gain several kilos without having to ever shop for more bathers. Hooray.
6. Came home.
7. Packed my clothes, girls' clothes, several other miscellaneous items for holiday. Leaving tomorrow.
8. Finished draft 2 of Indigo Girls, including writing a new ending, which is a perfect way to include best bits of old ending but strengthen themes of novel. Very gratifying.
9. Bought a house.
10. What's that?
11. Bought a house.
13. A house.
15. So I can't buy a FREAKING toy, but man can I shop for a house.
16. We spent less time in the house we bought than I did in the toyshop today.
17. Here's a picture.
18. And another, and another:
Note the many trees. Toto, I don't think we're in Northcote anymore.
19. Toasted house with half a lindt chocolate and a hot cup of peppermint tea. We own a future mortgage on half a mudbrick house far far away. Wheee.
Um. Better learn to drive then.