Tuesday, September 08, 2009

He's All Our President

Can we share him? He's an awesome orator.

But at the end of the day, we can have the most dedicated teachers, the most supportive parents, and the best schools in the world - and none of it will matter unless all of you fulfill your responsibilities. Unless you show up to those schools; pay attention to those teachers; listen to your parents, grandparents and other adults; and put in the hard work it takes to succeed.

And that's what I want to focus on today: the responsibility each of you has for your education. I want to start with the responsibility you have to yourself.

...

Your families, your teachers, and I are doing everything we can to make sure you have the education you need to answer these questions. I'm working hard to fix up your classrooms and get you the books, equipment and computers you need to learn. But you've got to do your part too. So I expect you to get serious this year. I expect you to put your best effort into everything you do. I expect great things from each of you. So don't let us down - don't let your family or your country or yourself down. Make us all proud. I know you can do it.

Read the whole thing here

3 comments:

  1. Laurie3:03 AM

    I have to admit that I love my President!
    All of the nonsense that has been going on here in the last week regarding parents and school districts up in arms about showing the President's speech to school children is so disheartening.
    I see my fellow citizens on CNN and I can't believe we live in the same country.
    What does the rest of the world think when they see what is going on here?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we can share him! He's ours too! Why not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am happy to share. (Is it weird that i find him HOT?) But it saddens me that not all Americans claim him as "our" President. Our political system is so divided right now.

    ReplyDelete